Add 2 X Gigabit Ethernet ports to your Sparky with this Shield. Installs in a snap and increases the versatility of your Sparky.
These 2 x GB Ethernet ports connect to Sparky by USB 3.0. We have reached packet transfer speeds of 200Mbps with both ports working and up to 600Mbps on a single port (speeds are for packet transfer only without additional security/services added). These transfer rates are more than acceptable for a house/SOHO and even SMB set up.
Sparky + GIGA Shield can be used to run many different open source applications such as:
- SHIELD (Unified Threat Manager)
- Ntop-NG (Traffic Monitoring/Network Analyzer)
- OpenWRT (Embedded router distribution)
- IPFire (Firewall)
- OpenMediaValut (NAS Solution)
- Squid/Nginx (Content filtering/Web load balancing Gateway)
- Network/Application vulnerability Scanners
- 4G Routers (With USB based Add-on modules)
- Strongswan/Openswan (IPSec VPN)
- OpenVPN (SSLVPN)
- OpenBTS (Software based GSM Access Points)
||5V (from main board)
Support & Downloads